- Next course: To be announced
- Cost: $300
- Questions or to be notified of next course, email email@example.com
In response to strong interest from gardeners across the country, we developed the Organic Gardening course to help experienced gardeners broaden their understanding of organic techniques for all kinds of gardens.
The course covers one topic during each of the 8 weeks, including vegetables, fruits, flowers and ornamentals, and lawns. (See syllabus below.) With a strong foundation in soil health and its impact on plant health, we then explore tried-and-true and cutting-edge techniques for all different kinds of garden plants – annuals and perennials, food plants and ornamentals.
Be prepared to spend 2-4 hours a week completing the course. Being an active participant in the discussion boards brings the subject to life, and enriches the learning for all!
Students will come away with a greater understanding of systems thinking as it applies to organically managed land. This course is aimed at those with some basic gardening experience. It includes a number of hands-on activities as well as a group discussion board, quizzes, and readings. Through online discussion students share their experiences and contribute to everyone's learning experience.
The course is non-credit, and we present a certificate of completion to all those who participate in the whole course.
- Introduction: What is Organic Gardening?
- Your Garden Site
- Soil, Compost, and Mulch
- Managing Pests Organically
- Vegetables and Flowers: Planning and Early Season
- Vegetables and Flowers: Mid-Season and Harvest
- Trees, Shrubs, and Herbaceous Perennials: The Long-Term Landscape
- Organic Lawn Care
- Advanced Topics for the Adventurous Gardener