Cider & fruit in season, Cornell dairy products & more.
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: 709 Dryden Rd. (Rt. 366) across from the Vet School. View map.
Fall Harvest kick off – September 20, 2-5 p.m.: Come celebrate Harvest with us and sample products from the Cornell Dairy, Arnot Forest, Wide Awake Bakery, HoneyRock Farm along with other delicious treats. You can check out our store and pick up some fresh picked apples. Enter our raffle drawings, plus receive a free Cornell Orchards tote when you spend $25 in store. Free Orchards Tours start at 3pm.
Cider Sunday – October 6, 12-4 p.m: Cornell Orchards Store will host apple enthusiasts of all ages for an afternoon of walks through Cornell's research orchards, talks from educators, researchers and cider makers, and a chance to taste fresh fresh-pressed juice, including traditional European hard cider varieties. There will be a ticketed, age 21+, meet-the-cider maker market ($5) with food pairings from Cornell Catering. Learn more about Cider Sunday.
Produce available now!
Subject to change
- Autumn Crisp (Cornell Variety)
- SweeTango (limited supply)
- Ginger Gold
- Cresthaven (grown by Cornell AgriTech, Geneva, NY)
- Glow Haven (yellow flesh, grown by Bittner-Singer Farms, Appleton, NY)
- White lady (White flesh, grown by Bittner-Singer Farms, Appleton, NY)
- Fantasia (yellow flesh, grown by Bittner-Singer Farms, Appleton, NY)
- Vanier (grown in Cornell AgriTech's research orchard in Geneva, NY)
- Au Rosa (grown by Cornell AgriTech, Geneva, NY)
- Castleton prunes (grown by Bittner-Singer Farms, Appleton, NY)
- Himrod (grown by Cornell Orchards)
Vegetables: (grown by Plowbreak Farms)
- Beefsteak Tomatoes – makes any sandwich more delicious
- Toy Box Tomatoes – sweet and delicious
- Baby Butternut Squash - Flesh is meltingly sweet and delicious
- Fresh garlic uncured
- Fresh onions
- Fresh shallots
- Pie Pumpkins
- Carving Pumpkins
- Mini pumpkins
*In out of season, we offer controlled atmosphere (C.A.) apples. We place choice fruit, selected at harvest, in a sealed cold room for at least 90 days. We use nitrogen to bring the oxygen level down from the 21% that we breathe to around 2.5%, and allow carbon dioxide from fruit respiration to accumulate to around 2%. This slows fruit aging and preserves fruit firmness, acidity, sugars and Vitamin C. The fruit with the C.A. label has higher nutritional and sensory quality than the regular cold-stored fruit of the same age.
Also available (subject to change), products from:
- 2019 Ithaca Weather calendars from Cornell University Earth and Atmospheric Science/Northeast Regional Climate Center
- Cornell Maple Syrup from Arnot Forest research facility
- Collection of Cornell Orchards shirts, hoodies, long sleeves and caps
- Sweet Sensations Bakery run by Cornell Dining
- Merle Maple products, Attica, NY
- Lively Run Goat farm, Interlaken, NY
- Howlands Honey, Berkshire, NY
- Martin’s Kitchen, Dundee, NY
- Darling Cakes, Ithaca, NY
- Sunbeam Candles, Ithaca, NY
- Betterbee, Greenwich, NY
- StonyBrook Wholeheartedfoods, Geneva, NY
- Heart's of Desire, Little Falls, NY
- Knapp Farms, Lowman, NY
- Jackies’s Jams and Jellies, LLC
- J&K Clayworks, Victor, NY
- Avital’s Apairies, Ithaca
- Our 5 acre Homestead, Berkshire, NY
- Peanut Principle, Syracuse, NY
- Piggery, Ithaca, NY
- Crooked Carrot, Ithaca, NY
- Honey Rock Farm, Ithaca, NY
- Finger Lakes Soap Company, Van Etten, NY
- Many more…..
Contact: 607-255-4542 email@example.com
- Donation policy
- Read more about our apple varieties and their uses. Apple season normally runs from late August to mid-April.
- Estimated harvest times for Cornell Orchard apples.
- Why shop at Cornell Orchards? An apple peel a day might keep cancer at bay, Cornell food science study finds
- Pick Your Own? Because we are a research facility, we do not offer pick your own fruit. Other local fruit growers do. See the Tompkins County CCE Local Food Guide which has listings of U-Pick apple, cherry, blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry farms.
- Contact us about field trips for your class: firstname.lastname@example.org