- Next class: June 5 – July 23, 2017
- Cost: $675. Enrollment limited.
- Register now | Registration details
- To be notified of next course, fill out this form.
- Questions about the course? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund policy
To build on previous experience with botanical drawing techniques by using various art media, culminating in the development of a portfolio.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Observe nature through both a scientific (structural) and an artistic (aesthetic) lens at an advanced and detailed level.
- Articulate a personal aesthetic -- what appeals to you, and what you enjoy.
- Demonstrate proficiency with different media including pencil, ink, chalk, colored pencil, and pastels.
Course at a Glance
- Welcome and an Introduction: Course Overview
- Lesson 1: Review of Elements and Principles
- Lesson 2: Technical Drawing with Pen and Ink
- Lesson 3: Textures and Dimensions Found in Nature; geometric forms; charcoal and chalk
- One week break
- Lesson 4: Pastels and Colored Pencil, Mixed Media
- Lesson 5: Identification and Portrayal of Plant Characteristics
- Lesson 6: Final Lesson – Illustration and Portfolio Review
View full syllabus [.pdf]